Total comments: 0
• WHY ARE REGULAR APPOINTMENTS SO IMPORTANT FOR YOUR HEALTH ?
Having regular appointments to deal with your diabetes is important to assist in avoiding health concerns that come with your condition.
• HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU BE GOING TO APPOINTMENTS TO DISCUSS YOUR DIABETES ?
The frequency in which you attend appointments with your doctors will depend on your individual circumstance. It’s best to discuss how often you should attend a check up with each professional and stick to what they suggest.
• HOW CAN YOU HELP YOURSELF REMEMBER YOUR UPCOMING DIABETES APPOINTMENTS ?
You can use a few different tools to help remind yourself of your upcoming diabetes appointments these can include: writing it in your diary, adding a reminder in your mobile phone. If you have a career they will remind you, however if you can you should rely on yourself to remember. If the clinic offers a free sms, email or any other remind system it is good to choose to receive them all. More tools you use to remind yourself the greater the chance you will not forget these vital appointments.
• HOW TO AVOID BEING LATE TO YOUR APPOINTMENTS ?
To avoid being late to those much need appointments it is best to arrive at your clinic 10 -15 minutes before appointment is scheduled. If you have a tendancy to be late for appointments we recommend trying to get to appointment half an hour before it is suppose to start. Therefore if you happen to arrive later then the 30 minute allowance you should still be there within plenty of time before your appointment begins
• WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WITH THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON DIABETES ?
Once you have read the information provided to you on my content pages it is imperative that you put into action what you read if it applies to you. Don’t just read and ignore what is said otherwise be ready to face the consequences of your diabetic condition
• WHY SHOULD YOU ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR ?
As a diabetic you should always wear protective footwear to prevent damage or infection to your feet. As those of you with diabetes have extra sensitive feet.
• HOW ARE WE GETTING CLOSER TO DISCOVERING A CURE FOR DIABETES ?
With the continually developing technology that comes out we are moving towards discovering a cure for diabetes.
• WHY DO THOSE OF YOU WITH DIABETES ALWAYS NEED TO WEAR PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR ?
Always wearing protective footwear is important for those of you with diabetes as you have an increase risk of having foot problems and foot infections.
• DOES HAVING DIABETES PUT YOU AT GREATER RISK OF DEVELOPING HEALTH PROBLEM ?
Having diabetes does put you at greater risk of developing health problems.
How can your increased susceptibility to having high blood pressure increase your risk of strokes ?
Having high blood pressure can lead to health issues such as strokes and as you have a higher risk of developing high blood pressure your risk of a stroke also increases.
• WHAT IS ESSENTIAL FOR KEEPING HEALTHY WITH DIABETES ?
For you to keep health with diabetes it is essential to follow these rules:
• Always follow a healthy diabetes eating plan.
• Exercise daily at least 30 minutes each day.
• Regularly attend appointments with your health care team to control your diabetes safely.
• Keep your weight within a healthy range. You can need to loose weight or gain weight if you are not at the healthiest weight for your BMI.
• WHY SHOULD YOUR ALWAYS WEAR SOCKS TO BED WHEN YOU HAVE DIABETES ?
The reason why you should wear socks to bed is to provide protection to your feet because as a diabetic your feet are more sensitive.
• WHAT PROVIDES YOU WITH THE GREATEST POWER TO SAFELY CONTROL DIABETES ?
The strongest tools in controlling your diabetes are in content pages such as the ones found on this website and any other place where you can find new information. The more informations you gather and learn the greater the chance that your condition will become a minor annoyance rather than a potentially life threatening conditions. Do not forgot however to follow this information if it applies to you. There’s no benefit in learning new information about diabetes if you don't follow what applies to your situation.
• HOW CAN YOU PREVENT GETTING FOOT INFECTIONS FROM YOUR DIABETES ?
The chance of getting foot infections increase if you have diabetes so to reduce the risk always wear protective footwear.
What was the major breakthrough in technology that provides you with an abundance of information ?
The major breakthrough in technology that has allowed you to learn so much about your diabetes condition is the internet. When you have a query you can just type it into the search engines and you should be able to find the answer you are looking for.
• WHY IS GAINING AS MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT DIABETES AS YOU CAN SO IMPORTANT ?
Researching diabetes and becoming knowledgeable about diabetes is very important as it allows you to prevent diabetes from ever being diagnosed in yourself. If you previously have this condition you will be able to handle diabetes without too much health concerns if you learn all you can on diabetes.
• WHY CANT YOUR DOCTOR PROVIDE ALL THE INFORMATION REGARDING DIABETES ?
There is so much information you can learn about diabetes it's impossible for your doctor to provide every single piece of advice on the subject. The internet has allowed many of you to become more informed on diabetes. Werecommend you utilize a variety of information sources.
• WHAT SOURCES CAN YOU UTILIZE TO BECOME AN EXPERT ON YOUR DIABETES CONDITION ?
There are a wide variety of sources you can utilize to become an expert on controlling your diabetes safely. The information sources are: Audio, Health Care Professionals, Internet, Videos Books, etc.
• WHY DO YOU REQUIRE NUTRIENTS ?
Nutrients are required in your diet as they allow you to survive and develop.
• WHAT ARE NUTRIENTS ?
Nutrients are a substance that come from your food which your body takes in to live and grow.
How much nutrients do you require in your healthy diabetes diet ?
The amounts of nutrients you require to consume a healthy diet will vary from person to person and also on the specific type of nutrient.
• HOW CAN YOU RECEIVE YOUR REQUIRED NUTRIENTS ?
Your nutrient intake should come primarily from the foods in your diet. Nonetheless there are also nutritional supplements you may need to take depending on your circumstances. Talk to your doctor on wether you require nutritional supplements or not.
• WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH NUTRIENTS ?
When you are not receiving enough of a certain nutrient in your diet you will be deficient in program nutrient. That comes with health concerns the type of health problems and severity will depend on how sever your nutrient deficiency is and the type of nutrients you are deficient in.
• IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO OVERDOSE ON NUTRIENTS ?
It is very much possible for you to overdose on nutrients. Overdosing could be dangerous to your health so you should follow a guide and discuss your nutritional requirements with a health care professional.
• WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS ?
Essential nutrients are those that your body is unable to produce itself requiring it from either food or nutrient supplements for healthy body functioning.
• HOW CAN THOSE OF YOU WITH DIABETES PROTECT YOUR FEET FROM INFECTIONS AND OTHER ISSUES ?
As those of you with diabetes have an increase in the risk of developing foot infection and other foot issues its important to always wear protective footwear
• DOES HAVING DIABETES CREATE AN INCREASE IN THE RISK OF YOU HAVING A STROKE ?
Having diabetes that is not safely controlled can lead to high blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause you to have a stroke so yes diabetes can does have an increase in the risk of having strokes so keep your diabetes safely under control
• HOW CAN YOUR INCREASED SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HAVING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE INCREASE YOUR RISK OF STROKES ?
Having high blood pressure can lead to health issues such as strokes. Once you have a higher risk of developing high blood pressure your risk of a stroke also increases.
• HOW CAN YOU AVOID HAVING A STROKE CAUSED BY YOUR DIABETES CONDITION ?
To reduce the risk of having a stroke caused by your diabetes condition it is important that you regularly check your blood pressure levels. If you increase high blood pressure your risk of a stroke increases.
• HOW HAS TECHNOLOGY ALLOWED YOU TO BE MORE INFORMED OF DIABETES ?
Technology has allowed you to become more informed on diabetes. A great example of this is on the internet. When ever you have any question on diabetes you can simply type it into search engines. You can generally find thewithout having to book an appointment or wait until your next appointment to find out the answer to your question.
• WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO ALWAYS WEAR FOOTWEAR IF YOU HAVE DIABETES ?
As a diabetic you have an increased risk of causing damage or infections to your feet. Absorbing the impact your feet go through when walking prevents foot problems so always wear protective footwear
Why is it important to check your blood pressure regular when you have diabetes ?
It is very important that you check your blood pressure levels regularly if you have diabetes as you have a great risk of developing high blood pressure.
• WHAT CAN HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE CAUSE ?
If you suffer from high blood pressure it can lead to serious health complication such as strokes
• HOW CAN YOU CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE LEVELS REGULARLY ?
Blood pressure can be checked by purchasing a blood pressure monitor or you can attend a pharmacy and get it checked there
How can your increased susceptibility to having high blood pressure increase your risk of strokes ?
Having high blood pressure can lead to health issues such as strokes and as you have a higher risk of developing high blood pressure your risk of a stroke also increases
• WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR BLOOD SUGAR IF YOU CONSUME A FIBER RICH DIET ?
Consuming a diet rich in fiber helps you to maintain a healthy blood glucose level by offsetting carbs and glucose in your body
• WHAT BENEFITS COME WITH MAINTAINING YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL WITHIN A HEALTHY RANGE ?
If you maintain a healthy blood sugar level you will prevent diabetes from ever developing. If however you already have diabetes it can prevent the negative symptoms that could occur from being diagnosed with this condition
• WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WHEN TAKING COLD MEDICINE ?
Many cold medications contain sugar. Make sure the one you are taking to ease the cold is sugar free. Or else you blood sugar level will be in danger
• HOW CAN COLD MEDICINE AFFECT YOUR BLOOD SUGAR READINGS ?
Your blood glucose readings can be negatively affected by cold medicine as many varities contain sugar. Make sure your the medication your taking does not contain sugar
• WHY DO YOU NEED TO TAKE COLD MEDICINE INTO ACCOUNT WHEN YOU HAVE DIABETES ?
Cold medicine needs to be taken into account when your trying to maintain a healthy blood glucose level. As many contain sugar thus affecting your readings negatively
• WHICH COLD MEDICINE WILL NOT CAUSE HARM TO YOUR DIABETES ?
Sugar free cold medicine is a must for those of you with diabetes otherwise your blood sugar readings can be badly affected if not taken into account
• HOW DO YOUR FEET WITH THOSE OF YOU WITH DIABETES DIFFER FROM THOSE OF YOU WITHOUT DIABETES ?
When you have diabetes your feet are more sensitive increasing the chance of having infections and other foot problems.
• IS FIBER AN IMPORTANT PART OF A HEALTHY DIABETIC DIET ?
Eating sufficient amounts of fiber is an essential part in a healthy diabetes diet plan
• SHOULD YOU CONSUME CARBOHYDRATES ON A HEALTHY DIABETIC DIET ?
Your healthy diabetic diet should consist of carbohydrates as they provide energy to power through your day. All types of carbohydrates you consume need to be carbs that digest at a slow pace providing longer lasting energy levels. Not fast spikes of energy and then rapidly plummeting. These quick energy carbs play havoc on your blood sugar levels.